The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has commenced work for the construction of the fifth metro bridge over the river Yamuna. The metro train bridge will be constructed for Phase-IV work on the Majlis Park–Maujpur corridor. All you need to know.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has started work for the development of the fifth metro rail connect over the waterway Yamuna. The metro train extension will be developed for Phase-IV take a shot at the Sonia Vihar-Majlis Park–Maujpur passageway, authorities educated. It will be a 560-meter-long scaffold that will come up between two existing extensions on the Yamuna — Wazirabad Bridge and the Signature Bridge. The scaffold will have nine columns and will associate Surghat or Sonia Vihar to Majlis Park-Maujpur hall.
Delhi Metro 5th bridge on Yamuna river in Delhi | Key facts
- It will be the first-since forever metro connect over the Yamuna to be assembled utilizing cantilever development procedure.
- The scaffold, with 8 ranges and 9 wharfs, will associate Soorghat metro station and Sonia Vihar metro station of the Pink Line.
- Subsequent to doing geo-specialized examination at the area of proposed wharfs, the movement of projecting of test heaps is in progress.
- Right now, there are 4 scaffolds of Delhi Metro on the waterway Yamuna — Yamuna Bank (698.8 m on Blue Line), Nizamuddin (602.8 m on Pink Line), Kalindi Kunj (574 m on Magenta Line), and Shastri Park (553 m on Red Line).
- To use the accessible time during this rainstorm season, a cofferdam has been developed, away from the dynamic course of the Yamuna, by raising the degree of the ground by filling of earth and sand with assurance of its slant through bamboo, jute mesh and barricades.
- The degree of the cofferdam has been kept same as that of the nearby street to guarantee flexibly of essential development material like steel support, metal liner, prepared blend concrete and so on.
- The new extension will cross stream Yamuna at around 385 m downstream of old Wazirabad Bridge and 213 m upstream of the current Signature Bridge.
- Every obligatory endorsement from the offices concerned have been gotten for the development of the scaffold.
- The DMRC is resolved to satisfy the conditions given by Principal Committee on Yamuna for development of the extension. Different eco-accommodating estimates will be taken during its development.
- All the development exercises are being completed with least impact on the floodplains. Rebuilding of the floodplain that might be affected by the development of extension arrangement or columns in it will be embraced.
- The garbage and flotsam and jetsam created would be discarded experimentally and no dumping will be permitted on the floodplains.
Typically, it extends from a flat, vertical surface such as a wall or a pier, to which it must be firmly attached. Cantilever construction allows overhanging structures without additional support. Employment of this technology will make the bridge look aesthetically better, the DMRC said.
What is Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology?
The design of the bridge was finalised using the ‘Building Information Modelling’ (BIM) technology. With the help of this technology, a 3D model of the bridge was uploaded with intricate details of the proposed structure.
For the finalisation of the Phase-IV designs, DMRC engineers are using the BIM platform, through which they have been able to finalise the designs even during the days of the pandemic when physical meetings weren’t possible, the officials said.